Most of my friends know that I love animals and do a ton of free work for animal rescues. I like to think that it is my way of doing my part to help. If a new website or a Facebook page helps get an animal a forever home then I am happy to help.
I consider myself pretty blessed, I have mostly good health, a nice house to live in, a nice car, good friends and a loving family. So for this I like to give back whenever I can.
I believe in karma and “paying it forward” so this page is a listing of all the charities that I support and would love if you supported them too.
To find out more and see how you can help them, please visit any of the site links below.
Thank you and may you have good fortune and health.
(Sites are listed in no particular order)
- NorCal GSP Rescue – NorCal GSP Rescue is an all volunteer, non-profit organization dedicated to placing unwanted and abandoned German Shorthaired Pointers into new homes.
- Last Chance Ranch Sanctuary – Our founder Annie has had a deep love for animals her entire life. All animals, but especially those that were injured or ill and had nowhere else to go, on death’s door, discarded and unwanted. We are not an animal shelter that temporarily houses animals until they are reclaimed or euthanized, nor do we work like other groups that rescue, foster, and place animals – we know there are groups and humane societies that do an excellent job. We accept only those animals where all other options have been exhausted. Once an animal is accepted into our program, he or she is a resident for life. What do they get? Love, care, hope.
- Katie’s Roadside Rescue – Hello, my name is Katie and I am the founder of Katie’s Roadside Rescue. There are often dogs dumped on the dead end road where I work on the outskirts of San Antonio. I could not stand to watch their plight of often being ran off, left to fend for themselves, starve or get ran over so I decided to start a rescue of my own. The picture of the two below broke my heart. They would not leave this spot where their owner had left them with a bowl of water and a pile of dog food on the ground on a cold night in November. I spent hours getting them in my car. I found a wonderful rescue to take them in and shortly afterwards KRR was formed.
- Dutch Country Animal Rescue – Dutch Country Animal Rescue is a 501(c)(3) approved non-profit organization headquarted in Bucks County, PA, with a foster network in PA, NJ, NY, and CA. Our vision is for all animals to be given the opportunity to live in a peaceful environment with a warm place to rest their head, proper medical care, a full belly, and to truly know the meaning of love. Our mission is to rescue abused or abandoned animals that otherwise would not have a chance. Most of our rescues come from puppy mills and high-kill shelters around the country.
- Safe Haven, PA – Safe Haven is a not-for-profit, all volunteer organization. We are a small group of dedicated volunteers doing all we can to save as many as we can. At this time all of our pets are being fostered by our volunteers. Although Safe Haven is a new organization all of our volunteers have been in animal rescue for years.
- Pointer Rescue Organization – PointerRescue.Org, Inc. (PRO) is a non-profit group of coordinators and volunteers across the United States dedicated to the rescue of purebred Pointers (sometimes called English or American Field Pointers).
- The Humane Society of Blooming Grove – Humane Society of Blooming Grove is a Non-Profit Animal Shelter located in Orange County, NY.
- Kiva – Kiva is a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world. Learn more about how it works.