After installing Microsoft Office I noticed an annoying little button bar on my Windows task bar at the bottom of my screen. It is called the Language Bar and looks like this:
I can’t stand how it gets in the way of my task bar and hogs space. I don’t need it, I only use one language so it is not necessary for me.
If you too have this bar and are annoyed by it and want it gone, please follow along with me and I will show you how to eradicate it once and for all.
Steps to eradicate the annoying language bar:
- First thing you must do is click your Start button:
- Then click on the Control Panel Selection:
- Now select the Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options link:
- Now select the Languages Tab:
- Now Select the Details Button: (You did select the languages tab right?)
- Now select the Language Bar Button:
- Now finally uncheck all check boxes to get rid of the language bar:
One last thing is to click ‘OK’ on all the open windows to accept your selections and low and behold your language bar is now gone!
I hope this helps someone else as it drove me crazy for the longest time always popping up on my task bar.
( If you are reading this anywhere but my blog, you can find the original post here. )