If you have young children, please do not let them use the Magic Eraser Sponge. My friend over a Kerflop has posted a story about what happened to her young son after wiping his face with one of these sponges.
“If I had known that both brands (and others like them) contain a harmful alkaline or â€œbaseâ€ chemical (opposite of acid on the pH scale) that can burn your skin, I never would have let my little boy handle them. As you can see from the picture, when the Scotchbrite Easy Eraser was rubbed against his face and chin, he received severe chemical burns.”
Please see the whole post here: http://kerflop.com/2006/11/02/chemical-burn/
I hope that this post can save someone else the problems this child has had.
( If you are reading this anywhere but my blog, you can find the original post here. )